We’ve come so far, you and I. It’s just a few weeks now before we meet. This is the final stretch in the road. A lot has changed since the last letter, let’s see the updates:
- The phone calls I was waiting for came! I got two amazing-okay good- job offers at the very same time and had to make a tough decision but in the end I am happy that I took up my current job. No regrets so far. It’s respectable, earns enough for now with potential for more in the future, opportunities for travel abound (don’t worry I won’t leave you behind) and a medical insurance cover for us. That means you’ll be born in a good hospital and your medical needs will be covered..
- I revived Z, my laptop. All he needed was some cleaning, I think some cockroaches had bred and lived inside its motherboard. By the time you are reading this, you’ll probably not need to ask what a motherboard is.
- I still write a weekly column for Zuqka, the pullout in the Friday Nation newspaper. Technobite. I love technology.
- I never did write for the sports column, can’t find the time! (Or ideas!)
- I’m still working on my master’s thesis, let’s hope I’ll graduate this June!
- I’m lagging behind on my other blog, trying to keep it updated. Basically I need more hours in the day so I can do some writing (as well as some sleeping. I’m so sleepy of late.)
So you see, as I promised the future is going to be great.
At 34 weeks, I’m not waddling yet but I do feel the strain of standing or walking for too long. You are a lovely baby, squirming, stretching, kicking, and turning usually in the evenings as I rest after work. I can’t wait to see you on the screen again next week when I go for my next ante-natal clinic.
I have much to say but at the moment I have a lot of work to do, so I will write again soon.